Bathrooms are also very important rooms that not only add value to your property, but interesting enough are also main deciding factors when a home buyer is to make his/her final decision on their home purchase. More and more, people are going to the bathroom to relax and even luxuriate after a day in the rush-rush world. Homeowners are upgrading the rooms — outfitting them with everything from soaking tubs, light dimmers, ambient music, TV’s and even heated floors, to make them comfortable.
But peace and quiet aren’t the only motivating factors. Remodeling a bathroom helps sell a home quicker and can be a good investment. Porcelain and Marble continue to be top choices, with Porcelain being more child resistant and durable and requires less ongoing maintenance than marble. A classy bathroom is not just for showering, it’s inviting and you want to be in there. This is your time!
Call us right now at (954) 922-1717 and let our professionals bathroom remodeling contractors build your dream bathroom for you.
Quality is in our name. IPQ Construction / Integrity, Professionalism, & Quality.
Some Questions to Ponder
Here are five questions to consider when planning your bathroom renovation:
- What do you like about the current bathroom? Now your answer may be nothing. Step back and think though. You may not like the finishes in the bathroom, but does the layout work? Do you like where the sink is but want to move the toilet? Maybe you like the wall color, but hate the fixtures. Maybe the claw foot tub is great, but not the rest. Consider every aspect of your bathroom when you are answering this question.
- What features do you want to add that are not there now? Look around the bathroom. You may have a basic tub, toilet, and sink. What do you want to add? It might be a walk-in shower. It might be a jet tub instead of a regular one. Adding another sink might help the flow of getting ready in the morning. It could be something extra like a built-in entertainment system with stereo and TV.
- Does the current layout work? If not, what would you change? Many bathrooms have an efficient layout already. But, some do not. Older homes were often built for functionality when it comes to the bathroom. When planning your bathroom renovation, make sure you gain the flow you need for modern living.
- Do you have enough storage? You cannot have enough storage. That has been a real estate mantra for decades. In a bathroom, storage needs take on many forms. You need a cabinet for medications and first aid supplies. You need storage for make-up and grooming items. You need storage for towels and other linens. If you have kids, you may need storage for their bath toys.
- What would your ideal bathroom look like? You have covered functionality. Now is the time to think about looks. Most of the time, if you have been planning a bathroom renovation, you have an idea of what you want the bathroom to look like. It might be a modern spa or a Victorian retreat. The finishes of your bathroom will be the dressing on the functionality you already built.
When you answer these questions honestly, you are well on your way to designing your ideal bathroom. Now, the budget may not allow you to get every high-end item you might have on your wish list. But, with a full picture of what you want and what you need, you can make smart decisions and get your renovation on track.